An electrical knockout setis used to makes holes in a junction box or electrical panel. An electrical knockout set gives some options of punch sizes that you can use to make holes. Some knockout punches use hydraulic pumps, but they are for heavy-duty purposes.
Although you can often achieve the same outcome with a good cordless drill, people tend to prefer knockout sets since they make the task a whole lot easier and safer (with way less mess).
A good knockout punch set will come with a lot of punches in a wide variety of different shapes and sizes, along with a strong and easy-to-grip driver.
To help you find the best electrical knockout punch on the market – we’ve reviewed the Top 5 Electrical Knockout Sets of 2023.
Buy with the confidence that you’re spending your money on a high-quality knockout set. Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
Top 5 Best Electrical Knockout Set
|TEMCo Hydraulic Knockout Punch TH0004 - Electrical Conduit Hole Cutter Set...||CHECK PRICE|
|Greenlee 7238SB Slug-Buster Knockout Punch Kit with Hex Ratchet Wrench,...||CHECK PRICE|
|Yescom 10 Ton Hydraulic Knockout Punch Hole Driver Kit Complete Tool Set...||CHECK PRICE|
|Yescom 6 Ton Hydraulic Knockout Punch Driver Kit 6 Dies Hole Punch Knockout...||CHECK PRICE|
|Klein Tools Knockout Punch Set with Ratcheting Wrench 53732SEN (4 Units)||CHECK PRICE|
The TEMCo electrical knockout set is used to make the similar holes every time. This set can be utilized at home as well because of its handy qualities. In this handy kit, you will find a strong 9 US True Ton punching capacity. The die sets are 6 in number and are made to protect the electrical linings and wirings in different sizes of ½, ¾, 1, one ¼, 1 ½, and 2 inches.
The kit allows some different surfaces to punch on. To top it all off, the company gives a five-year warranty on the products. The price is perfect and a little cheap for a knockout punch of this kind.
- Two thick spacers come with the box that allows you to accommodate the thickness of the punch
- There are over six different die sizes
- Steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, aluminum, fiberglass, and plastic surfaces can be punched easily with this set
- You can enjoy the punching thickness of 1/8 inches in steel and 1/16 inches in stainless steel
- Small hydraulic hose creates a hassle
- Replacement parts are not available
The only major flaw this product hold is that if a part is broken or missing, you will have to repurchase the whole set. Otherwise, this toolkit can help you domestically or even at work.
- SLUG-BUSTER KNOCKOUT KIT: Punches precise holes in up to 10-gauge mild steel, aluminum, brass, copper, fiberglass, and plastics for 1/2-in. to 2-in. conduit size knockouts
- HIGH-LEVERAGE RATCHET WRENCH: 1-in. high-leverage hex ratchet wrench features a convenient 5-degree ratcheting mechanism
- ERGONOMIC PUNCH PROFILE: Splits slugs in half to make the slug removal process extremely easy and has a knurled edge for a secure grip
Greenlee is one of the most heard of quality product in electrical knockout sets. The imported quality allows the users to enjoy the product without any hassles. The kit contains a 1-inch ratchet wrench that can be used with both the available studs in the box, i.e., 3/8 inch and ¾ inch. The punching capacity provides about ten gauges. In the box, you will find ½, ¾, 1, one ¼, 1 ½, and two inches punches along with the draw studs and driver. This knockout set is not the cheapest one in the market; however, you will certainly enjoy the quality and versatility of the product.
- Contains a hexagonal wrench that is versatile for the available draw studs
- Ten gauge punching capacity on mild steel
- The toolkit includes ½ inches, ¾ inches, 1 inch, one ¼ inch, 1 ½ inches, and 2 inches punches that come with the driver and the draw studs
- Cannot be used on any other material but steel
- Does not contain a hydraulic machine
This set is one of the richest sets that you will buy at a high price. However, it is missing two essential components. Nevertheless, if you think that you can compromise on the missing parts of this set, then this will not disappoint you at all.
- [Complete Punch Tools]: Hydraulic punch tool kit features 1pc 10-ton pump, 2pcs draw studs, 1pc piston shaft, 2pcs spacers and 6 sets of interchangeable dies & punches fitting for 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 2" conduit sizes, can drill different sizes holes on stainless steel, iron, steel, aluminum, plastic, etc; 1/8” (11 gauge) max punching thickness for iron and 1/16” (16 gauge) for stainless steel, perfect to be used for different drilling projects
- [Efficient Hydraulic Design]: Hydraulic mechanism pump produces 10T strong pressure for providing high punching accuracy and fast punching speed on punching uniform holes, more labor-saving and faster than common wrenches, ideal for improving working efficiency; pump with pressure hose for adjusting the angle of the ram flexibly to meet your punching needs, perfect for using in narrow places
- [Sturdy Steel Construction]: 40Cr steel dies and steel pump body for ensuring high strength, sturdiness and durability, stable construction is suitable for heavy-duty and frequent punching works
The Yescom electrical knockout punch kit wows its customers with the initial attraction of two different colors and a very tempting price. The kit has its hydraulic pump available to make your job easier. It contains six dies and punches that can be switched according to the needs of the user making this set highly versatile.
The tools which have steel handles have a plastic grip on them to provide better handling. The rotatable switch gives the users the satisfaction of better security. One of the most attractive features of this product is the price that it is sold on. It is affordable.
- Contains six dies and punches that are interchangeable
- Comes in two attractive colors
- Plastic grip at the end of the handles for better holding
- On and off switch is made rotatable to avoid risks
- It weighs about 24 pounds which are a lot if you have to carry it to your workplace every day
- There are not enough surfaces that this machine can be used on
- Set includes 1-Inch (25 mm) ratcheting wrench, knockout punches, dies and draw studs for 1/2-Inch (13 mm), 3/4-Inch (19 mm), 1-Inch (25 mm), 1-1/4-Inch (32 mm), 1-1/2-Inch (38 mm) and 2-Inch (51 mm) conduit sizes
- Cutting capacity 10 gauge mild steel; also cuts aluminum, fiberglass and plastic
- Splits slugs for easy removal
The well known Klein tools’ electrical knockout set is imported and does not compromise on quality at all. One of the significant advantages’ to using this kit is that separates slugs to ensure easy removal. The cutting capacity is about ten gauge mild steel. It is also a great set to cut through aluminum, fiberglass, and plastic.
The toolbox holds dies and draws studs of ½ inch, ¾ inches, 1 inch, one ¼ inch, 1 ½ inches, and 2 inches sizes that pass through wiring. The product may seem to be a little over priced, yet it is worth the exceptional provided quality.
- A wrench is included in the set
- The tools separate slug to ensure that the removal is easy
- There are over six different types of draw studs for the punch of your choice.
- It can cut through aluminum, plastic, and ever fiberglass
- There is no hydraulic hose available for this
- The kit is about 9 pounds which make it cumbersome to travel with
A hydraulic punch is always considered to be a little better. Even though this product does not have that factor, it still is one of the finest knockout punch sets that you will find. The extra money seems worth it.
- [Complete Punch Tools]: Hydraulic punch tool kit features 1pc 6-ton pump, 2pcs draw studs, 1 set of spacers and 6 sets of interchangeable dies & punches for conduit fitting size of 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 2", can drill different sizes holes on stainless steel, aluminum, steel, plastic, etc; 1/8” (11 gauge) max punching thickness for steel and 1/16” (14 gauge) for stainless steel, perfect to be used for different drilling projects
- [Efficient Hydraulic Design]: Hydraulic mechanism of the pump produces a strong force of 6T (59KN) for providing great punching accuracy and fast punching speed which is 10 times much faster than common wrenches, ideal for improving working efficiency; rotary “on/off” knob on the pump for quick releasing pressure, adding more safety
- [360 Degree Rotation]: 360 Degrees rotatable punch head for meeting your punching needs, you can adjust it flexibly to use in narrow areas; plastic grip at the end of the long handle for labor saving and comfortable operation
The Yescom 6 Ton Hydraulic Knockout Punch Driver Kitis hydraulic (as the name suggests) and allows for maximum comfort to its users. There are six different punches and dies available that can be mixed up to ensure diverse needs are fulfilled. The on and off button is added for extra safety of the product. One of the best things about this product is that the cylinder can be rotated 360 degrees to provide the best cuts.
You can give about 6 tons of maximum pressure with these tools on aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, and other different surfaces. The price of this product does not exceed your budget and suits it well.
- On and off switch designed to increase safety
- The cylinder is fully rotatable to ensure clean cuts
- Six different dies and punches can be mixed up to be used
- The kit works on multiple surfaces
- The plastic box is cheap and breaks easily
- The scope of application is only about 11 -14 gauge
This product will give you multiple benefits at an affordable price. The quality benefits make you want to look away from the cons. However, ensure that the cons do not come in your work way.
Buyers’ Guide for Electrical Knockout Sets
Looking at the product reviews, you may have found out the different types of the same product available in the market. This buyers’ guide will further help you determine the right electrical knockout set for you.
What does a knockout punch set include?
A typical knockout punch set will include at least three main elements; a die, a draw stud, and punch. A draw stud is a large threaded bolt that keeps the die and the punch together; you need to drill a hole to insert the draw stud. The die is a metal cylinder that helps add the punch. The punch is the part that does the cutting and determines the knockout sizes. The punch needs to be sharper, and give clean cuts to ensure that the product works well. Hydraulic punches are a new thing which does not require the user to make much effort.
How to use a knockout punch set?
The three primary elements are needs to ensure that the product is complete and works properly. The steps are simple. First and foremost you need to drill a hole through the material that you want. The diameters of the whole shall be determined through the draw stud that you want to use. Next, the user shall find the right fit of the die into the draw stud and then insert both of them into the made hole. The desired punch shall be inserted in the draw stud, and it shall be tightened with hands. Now pulling the bolt with the wrench will cut. Separate the materials to find the precise cut.
How to punch out hole in electrical box ?
To punch out holes in an electrical box, the first and foremost thing to do is ensure that the wire switches are turned off. No matter how professional you are, the wires can be highly dangerous if electricity is passing through. Next, find the area where you need to make a punch. The place should make it easy for you to connect the wire that you want to. Work on the surface to create a punch and remove the slug to find a clean cut. Close the box once again and connect your wires or pipes through the new hole that you have made. Finally, turn the electricity back on after fixing the box in its rightful position again.
Is a hydraulic punch better?
A hydraulic punch will give you support and pressure to cut the hole easily. Usually, the provided cuts will be cleaner, smoother, and will allow less manual labor than regular punches will. Only a few kits may work with a hydraulic system; others still use the manual procedure. Hydraulic punches are known to be safer too since they allow the user to stand at a short distance while doing the dangerous task of working to make a hole.
How does a timer switch work?
A timer switch is a simple system that is set to a particular time to operate an electric switch. The switch can be connected to the main electrical power supply, inverters, or any other system. The timer does the acquired task that it is designated to do in the time limit given to it. For example, the television is set to sleep after a certain time to ensure that no additional energy is wasted.
Should a punch work on various surfaces?
You can buy a purpose built punch set. They are certainly better since they are designed to operate on a single surface. The multi surface knockout punch sets have setting and designs. The pick is mostly up to the user and their needs. Both work fine and are a good option. The only seeming disadvantage to buying the single purpose one is that you cannot use it on other surfaces. Hence you are bounding yourself.
After taking a close look at the products and the guide, you may have understood which electric knockout set will work for you. Alternatively, at least you may have had a better understanding on which toolkit is better than the other. For us, the winner is hands down the Temco knockout punch set.
Definitions of knockout punch. a hard punch that renders the opponent unable to continue boxing. synonyms: KO punch, Sunday punch, haymaker.Where do you aim a knockout punch? ›
"Sweet spots" include the chin, the sides of the jaw, and the temples. "If you're hitting someone in those locations, what it does is it sends a shock straight to the brain," he says. Of course, plenty of professional fighters get hit in the chin, jaw and temples without getting knocked out.How do you use super punch knockout? ›
When the (S mark) flashes, you can use any of the four powerful Knock Out Punches by combining the Knock Out Punch Button and the +Control Pad. UPPERCUT Press and the A Button to direct a KO punch to the head. RAPID UPPERCUT Press and the A Button twice to begin rapid punching to the head.How much punch power does it take to knock out? ›
Around 45,000 psi, or 800,000 newtons will be exerted if a human weighing 80 kg generates a velocity close to that of a bullet, i.e., 760 m/s in 75 milliseconds. That's how much force it would take to punch through someone.What is the strongest knockout punch? ›
If you're standing in the orthodox stance, the right cross is likely your most powerful punch. It's the punch that generates the most power from the base, is launched straight down the middle, and lands square on the chin. Throwing the cross properly is essential to every boxer's skill set.What is another name for knockout punch? ›
synonyms for knockout blow
On this page you'll find 12 synonyms, antonyms, and words related to knockout blow, such as: technical knockout, blow, kayo, ko, tko, and cold pack.
(informal) a person or thing that is very attractive or impressive. She's an absolute knockout.Should you punch with thumb in or out? ›
Before you punch, your thumb needs to be on the outside of your fist, between your first and second knuckles on your index and middle finger. If your thumb is on the inside, as you make contact with the pad you're hitting, you're likely to break your thumb!Where do you punch to win a fight? ›
Strike the Opponent's Weak Points
Face, toes, groin, stomach (solar plexus or diaphragm) and side of the neck are his weak parts while the heel of feet or hand, knee, fist, elbow and the top of the head are your strong parts. A hard punch on your opponent's nose, jaw or eyes might help to bring him down.
Milwaukee 4932430847 EXACT M40 Knockout Punch - 4932430847
Features: Suitable for mild steel and aluminium up to a thickness of 3mm & stainless steel max. 2.5mm.
FORCE LOGIC™ hydraulic knockout punch is the most compact and lightweight tool on the market with 60 kN of force. The easiest way to punch - for fast, accurate, round, and burr free holes. Highest accuracy due to industry's finest exact alignment system for dies.What does a Milwaukee expansion tool do? ›
Our M12™ ProPEX® Expansion Tool Kit features an auto-rotating head providing even expansions for the most consistent installations. A compact right-angle design allows you to install tubing in tight locations with handed operation fast and easy.What is the secret to a powerful punch? ›
A proper punch shouldn't just use your arm. Punching power comes from the base of the body upward. To get the most power out of a strike, you have to put your whole body into the force of the punch, rotating your body, and providing momentum to power the punch.Do stronger muscles punch harder? ›
In fact, our testing results suggest that the lean muscle of the core is the biggest contributor to punch force – meaning the stronger your core, the harder your punch! Core strength also plays an important role in generating effective mass, this is known as the 'snap' of a punch.How do you train for a knockout punch? ›
- 1) Focus on technique first and not power.
- 2) Shift your weight correctly.
- 3) Punch through your target but don't forget your defense.
- 4) Remain loose and relaxed with proper footwork.
- 5) Practice makes perfect.
To use a Knockout Punch, the player must fill the Power Meter at the bottom of the screen by hitting their opponents. Once filled, the "S" at the end of the meter begins to flash, signally a Knockout Punch is ready.How do you block high in super punch-out? ›
As established in the previous installment in the series, blocking can be performed by moving the joystick up or down. Moving the joystick blocks jabs while moving the joystick down blocks body blows.
A liver shot or liver punch is a punch, kick, or knee strike to the right side of the ribcage that damages the liver. Blunt force to the liver can be excruciatingly painful, and an especially effective shot will incapacitate a person instantly.How many pounds of pressure is the strongest punch? ›
-- A study of 70 boxers found elite-level fighters could punch with an average of 776 pounds of force. Another study of 23 boxers showed elite fighters were able to punch more than twice as hard as novices, the hardest hitter generating almost 1,300 pounds of force.How many pounds is the strongest punch? ›
So, how hard could Iron Mike punch in psi? Tyson's hardest punches are estimated to go north of 1500 psi, which would be like someone dropping a 225-pound weight on your face from five feet. That's around 1200 foot-pounds or 1600 joules of energy in one strike.
Force equals mass times acceleration, so the faster a punch travels, the more force it lands with. Some of the other benefits of speed in boxing include: Higher Odds Of Surprising Your Opponent: The punch you don't see coming is the one that typically hurts you the most.Is it better to block or dodge a punch? ›
Dodging a blow is always preferable for the following reasons: firstly, it leaves you with both hands still free to counter attack with…. secondly, it's less likely to negatively disturb your overall balance in any way, because blocking requires (to a degree) absorbing the opponents energy.Should you bite down when taking a punch? ›
A common tactic is biting down on the mouthpiece as you tuck your jaw in between your shoulder. When you bite down on the mouthpiece, this effectively clenches the jaw and makes it tight, which then helps you to absorb impact better.Which arm do you jab with? ›
The jab is delivered with the arm that is above the lead foot, or the arm nearer the target. This means that if your left foot is the lead foot, you will deliver a jab with your left arm, and if your right foot is the lead foot, you will deliver a jab with your right arm.Is a hook more powerful than a cross? ›
A scientific study published in 2011 by researchers at Liverpool John Moores University demonstrated that both lead hooks and reverse hooks generated much faster peak hand speed than jabs or crosses. Hand speed is greater during the hook punch due to different kinematics and punch trajectory.What is the greatest knockout in history? ›
1. George Foreman KO10 Michael Moorer, Nov. 5, 1994: Arguably no single blow in boxing history is as monumental as the right hand that satisfied the 46-year-old Foreman's Quixotic quest for the heavyweight crown, two full decades after he lost it to Muhammad Ali.What is the most brutal knockout in boxing history? ›
Jimmy Ellis. On June 18, 1973 at Madison Square Garden in New York, Earnie Shavers put his punching power on full display for all to see and left Jimmy Ellis knocked out and convulsing. Shavers entered the fight with an impressive record of 45-2, 32 wins in a row and with 44 of the 45 coming by way of knockout.What is a 2 punch called? ›
These foundational moves are broken down into an easy punch number system that is at the core of all boxing combinations and basic boxing techniques. 1 = The Jab. 2 = The Cross. 3 = The Lead Hook. 4 = The Rear Hook.What is a double knockout called? ›
Double knockouts by homologous recombination is a method for producing cell lines with an inactivating mutation in any desired gene. The biochemical analysis of genetically altered cell lines has been important in determining the function of specific proteins.What is slang for punching? ›
clobber (slang), wallop (informal), thwack, lay one on (slang), beat or knock seven bells out of (informal)
A technical knockout (TKO or T.K.O.), stoppage, or referee stopped contest (RSC) is declared when the referee decides during a round that a fighter cannot safely continue the match for any reason.How damaging is a knockout? ›
When someone is hit hard enough to render them unconscious, the brain can experience permanent damage as it rattles inside the skull. “That twisting and pulling can cause brain circuits to break, or lose their insulation, or get kinked up, and that shuts off parts of the brain,” he said.How many types of knockout are there? ›
Nine types of tournaments or leagues are described in this book: single elimination, double elimination, multilevel, straight round robin, round robin double split, round robin triple split, round robin quadruple split, semi-round robins, and extended (such as ladder and pyramid tournaments).How does a knockout punch tool work? ›
First a pilot hole is drilled slightly larger than the screw of the knockout punch. Then the die is placed on the screw and the screw is inserted into the pilot hole. The screw is then threaded into the punch and the screw tightened until the punch is drawn completely through the sheet metal.How hard does a punch have to be to knock out? ›
How Hard Of A Punch Do You Need To Knock Someone Out In Boxing? As hard as you physically can be enough to knock somebody out, especially if you aim for their temple. It is a very sensitive area of the head, and you don't have to be insanely strong to cause considerable damage.